Business in China: Winning with Tech
Clifford Chance panel event
06 February 2019
China's determination to become a Tech superpower is in no doubt. It is estimated that China AI industries alone will generate $59.07 billion by 2025. But foreign investment and expansion in China is critical to this success story. How to make that work?
Our panel debate will explore how to expand your business into China, and the opportunities and risks represented by China's Tech ambitions. These include the uncertain regulatory regime, data privacy laws, the global expansion of China's tech giants, cyber security, the US-China trade war and intellectual property rights, and China's Social Credit System.
Our expert speaker panel includes:
- Terence Foo, China Co-Managing Partner at Clifford Chance, Beijing.
- Bernice Lee, Research Director for Global Economy & Finance and Executive Director of the Hoffmann Centre for Sustainable Resource Economy, Chatham House.
- Tao Tao, Director of Business Development EMEA at Alipay, the world’s leading mobile payment provider, operated by Ant Financial Services Group, a related company of Alibaba.
- Christine Xu, Consultant in the Corporate practice at Clifford Chance, Hong Kong.
- Maggie Zhao, Partner in the Capital Markets practice at Clifford Chance, London.
We hope that you can join us.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Tarrah Toth.
Clifford Chance LLP
10 Upper Bank Street