Digital Leadership Forum: New Insights on Fintech Sustainability
8 July 2021 at 10:00am - 11:30am BST
29 June 2021
Fintechs and large organisations both have a key role to play in addressing the climate emergency, promoting financial inclusion, and maintaining strong ethical foundations through environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategies from which to lead by example. At the same time, it is increasingly necessary to manage growing regulatory scrutiny and evolving rules, including around the carbon footprint of the technology being used by such firms.
But how can companies contribute to a greener and more sustainable economy in a way that ensures their business is best placed to thrive, not in spite of but because of an ESG strategy? What role does ethical data management and governance play in sustainable growth? And why are innovative fintechs often seen as trailblazers in promoting ethical strategies and addressing broader ESG concerns?
Join this session to:
- Learn about key emerging challenges and opportunities for fintech sustainability and the progress being made by green and socially aware fintechs, from RISE, created by Barclays, who will give an introduction to their recently published report; Climate fintech – an insights report.
- Hear from fintechs on why a sustainable and ethical ESG data policy, that incorporates sound strategies for ESG data governance, privacy, and ownership, is crucial to success for their businesses.
- Hear from a panel of experts about the evolving regulatory frameworks around ESG considerations which fintechs need to be aware of, and how to overcome grey areas
- Caroline Dawson, Partner, Clifford Chance
- David Alfrey, Associate and Member of the Global ESG Board, Clifford Chance
- Julianne Sloane, Co-founder, Nossa Data
- Paddy Pope, Energy and Carbon Manager, Bank of England
- Victoria Silverman, Business Communications Director, London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG)
This event is designed for:
Sustainability & ESG Directors; Sustainability Strategy Leads; Lead Data Scientists; Data Directors; Chief Digital Officers; Chief Technology Officers; Chief Operating Officers; Heads of Data Privacy; Data Governance Leads; Directors of Innovation
Click here to register.