Is This Your Digital Life? Big Data, Digital Ethics and Trust
Clifford Chance Seminar
14 December 2018
As AI and algorithmic models are developing at an unprecedented rate, what will your legal and digital ethics strategies be when adopting these new technologies? Please join us for an interactive seminar to discuss this topic from a technology, employment, regulatory and corporate perspective.
This seminar will also feature guest speaker Ms. Jacqueline Wong, Head of Policy and Research of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong.
Specifically, we will discuss the following:
- Lessons learned from the recent Cambridge Analytics scandal
- Algorithmic fairness: employment screening and surveillance systems
- Issues with algorithms and AIs: ethics and legality of data technologies
- Use of big data and algorithms in investment decision making
- Strategic focus of the Privacy Commissioner: privacy risks and data ethics as a solution to the issues Practical dos and don’ts
Clifford Chance Speakers
- Anita Lam, Head of Employment
- Brian Harley, Registered Foreign Lawyer
- Viola Lui, Consultant
Ms. Jacqueline Wong [Head of Policy and Research of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong]
Attendance is free.
Light lunch will be served.
Attendees will be eligible for 1 CPD credit, subject to Hong Kong Law Society approval.
Want to Attend?